Barnacre Green Cottage is a 2 bedroomed holiday cottage all on one level with generally excellent access for those with limited mobility. All doorways meet current building regulations for accessibility.
* Most bookings are made via internet booking but telephone bookings are also acceped
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
* Car parking is immediately in front of the cottage with a private drive.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
* The front door is right beside the drive and has a single threshold of around 10cm (4 inches) with no steps.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
* The cottage is all on one level with no steps. The cottage has a natural sandstone floor so is hard and naturally a little uneven. All doors are wide enough for standard wheelchair access. All sockets and light switches are to modern building control regulations so can be reached when sitting.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
* as above
* The swimming pool door is 10metres from the cottage. There is a single step to get in to the pool building. The pool is 1.2m (4 feet) deep. There are steps into the pool but those with limited mobility or strength may need assistance to get in and out.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
* These are spacious with easy access around beds.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
* The toilet is a standard toilet with no grab rails. The shower is over a standard bath.
* The kitchen area is open plan with the dining area. The kitchen is a standard kitchen.
Grounds and Gardens
* The private enclosed courtyard is stoned so a little uneven.
* We have had many guests with limited mobility but any ideas to improve your stay are always welcome.